98 Classic Rock Trivia
you a Rock N Roll Guru? Take this test and find out!
the answers! How do you rate?
1. In what Blue Oyster Cult song do we hear, "Oh no, they
say he's got to go, _________, oh no, there goes Tokyo, _________?"
Godzilla. When Blue Oyster Cult would perform live on Long Island,
which is where the band formed, they went under the name Soft White
2. In what Black Sabbath song are the words, "Make a joke
and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry" heard?
Paranoid. After Ozzy left Black Sabbath he was replaced with Ronnie
3. Which Led Zeppelin song goes "_________, _________,
living reflection, from a dream, I was her love, she was my queen,
and now a thousand years in between?"
Tangerine. Led Zeppelin originally went under the name The New
4. What Motorhead song recites the following "You know
I'm going to lose, and gambling is for fools, but that's the way
I like it baby, I don't want to live forever?"
Ace of Spades. After Motorhead's over 25 year existence, Lemmy
Kilmister is the only member of the band to have been in it the
5. What Nirvana song goes "____ wants a cracker, think I should
get off her first, think she wants some water, to put out the blowtorch?"
Polly. Former Nirvana drummer, Dave Grohl started another band,
known as The Foo Fighters, after Cobain's tragic death in 1994.
6. Which Metallica song is this, "Now I lay me down to sleep,
pray the lord my soul to keep, for if I die before I wake, pray
the lord my soul to take"?
Enter Sandman. Cliff Burton died in a tragic bus accident while
Metallica was on tour in Europe.
7. Which Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers song goes "She
grew up in an Indiana town, had a good looking mama who never was
Mary Jane's Last Dance. When he was 17, Tom Petty dropped out
of school to join Mudcrutch.
8. Which Billy Joel song starts off "Come out Virginia,
don't let me wait, you Catholic girls start much too late?"
Only The Good Die Young. Billy Joel grew up on Long Island, NY.
9. What Cream song starts "I went down to the ___________ I
fell down to my knees?"
Crossroads. Eric Clapton has performed with many bands over the
10. Name the Jimi Hendrix song: "A broom is drearily sweeping,
up the broken pieces of yesterdays life, somewhere a queen is weeping,
somewhere a king has no wife"
The Wind Cries Mary. The day Jimi Hendrix died he was supposed
to attend a baseball game with friend, Eric Clapton.